|AboutUs||Print This Page Add To Favorites|
Brief History About Dr. Shawn Martin
Getting to know your Chiropractor
Let’s first address… who is Shawn Martin?
History: Dr. Shawn Martin is the founder of Louisville Chiropractic and Rehab which has quickly become THE choice for Chiropractic and Rehab in East Louisville. Louisville Chiropractic and Rehab is located near the corner of Shelbyville Road and Blankenbaker Parkway in Louisville, KY. Dr. Martin holds degrees in Chiropractic, Biology and is certified with the Acupuncture Society of America.
A little bit about Dr. Martin:
1) In high school Dr. Martin excelled in Sciences, tennis and hockey. Through this he earned scholarships throughout his undergraduate degree in Biology.
(2) Upon completion of his Biology degree Dr. Martin pursued his Chiropractic career at the prestigious Palmer College of Chiropractic. Through academic excellence he was able to maintain partial scholarships throughout the program.
(3) Upon completion of 9 long years of post-graduate schooling he traveled extensively over a 7 month period throughout Thailand, Cambodia, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras and Peru. Throughout these months he chose to “live as the locals do” and only stayed in a ‘hotel’ two nights. He delivered Chiropractic to those who had never had the opportunity before and helped hundreds in his travels.
(4) Upon returning from the before mentioned travels Dr. Martin relocated to Lexington, Kentucky to work for an organization of multiple offices around central Kentucky. The day he arrived in Lexington her met his future wife Angela and they were married in 2009.
(5) Finishing his tenure in Lexington, Dr. Martin relocated to Louisville to establish Louisville Chiropractic and Rehab in eastern Louisville.
(6) Through Louisville Chiropractic and Rehab Dr. Martin endlessly pursues his mission of increasing the quality of life of all those he comes in contact with. The office mission statement revolves around it’s slogan “Dedicated To Keeping Families Healthy”
(7) Dr. Martin has dedicated his life to helping those around him and enjoys presenting health classes in the community, exercising and spending time outdoors with his family.
(8) Now a family man, Dr. Martin lives just outside of Louisville with his wife Angie, daughter Baylee and two dogs Basil and Hayden.
Question: How did Dr. Martin decide to pursue a life in Chiropractic?
“Here’s the story of how I got started…
When I was 18 I began experiencing low back and hip pain while playing hockey. I went through the run-a-round with my family doctor and like most everybody with pains and aches found the medical treatments temporary at best…and useless at worst. I thought I just had back pain like my dad…I had low back and hip pain BECAUSE my dad did. My father didn’t go to a Chiropractor…but my grandfather did all his life. He was the one who brought me to His Chiropractor and I went in for my initial consultation knowing little to nothing about what a Chiropractor does…as do most people nowadays on their first day in my office! It was one of those life changing experiences where what he had to say about what was causing my symptoms was as plain as day. Honestly, the way a Chiropractor approaches problems in the structure and function of your back is so easily understood once explained that it is a wonder I couldn’t have figured it out myself! The rest was history. I now enjoy a life surrounded by hundreds of people each month all getting their quality of life back on track. Unlike my ‘family doctor’ friends I am surrounded by people who enjoy being in my office and I truly get to see my patients get well and stay that way. I do not have a reception room full of sick people, I do not have blood, puss and worse to deal with everyday. Unlike them, I do not only see people in their most miserable states. I watch the “renovation” of lives each day…whether the individual simply wants to ensure their bodies keep working their best right up until their 95th birthday, or they can barely stand up without sheering pain into their legs. I have treated infants as young as one day old and veterans up to 97 years! Life is a journey…a one time journey. Don’t be so foolish as to look back years from now thinking about all the times your back hurt, or how you wish you could pick up your children/grandchildren when almost without fail, the answer is in our office. Time lost is time lost. The most common thing I hear in my office is “Why didn’t I try this sooner” and “I’m upset my doctor didn’t send me over here sooner”. Don’t let that happen to you. If you are reading this you are looking for a solution. Call my office today and let’s sit down, knee to knee and see if we can help”.
Dr. Shawn P. Martin
I enjoyed giving you a little background about myself and how I started in practice! I hope you got to know me a little better. Before you go I would like to show you something special…